Election training: DepEd webinar live streaming
Hello fellow teachers in the teaching and non-teaching field!
Election training for those serving as BEIs, roles and tasks will be assigned to you for the smooth and smooth conduct of the said elections, the election training webinar will equip public school teachers with knowledge and technical skills while serving as chairpersons and BEIs on May 3, 2016, 2 pm, Tuesday
Here’s an advance unsigned DepEd Memorandum No. 66, s, 2016 copy, stating the conduct of election web-based seminar election training (webinar) briefing for public school teachers who will serve as board of election inspectors in the May 9, 2016 national and local elections.
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- DepED is one of the national agencies deputized by COMELEC to ensure free, orderly, honest, peaceful and credible elections through the appointment of public school teachers to serve as chairmen and members of the Board of Election Inspectors (BEIs) for National and Local Elections (NLE).
- Our public school teachers have always been the vanguard of every elections dedicating their sweat, tears and blood serving as members of the Board of Election Inspectors (BEIs), thus there is an urgent need to provide them with adequate information in the course of the performance of their duties as BEIs.
- In order to amply prepare our public school teachers and reinforce their knowledge in the Automated Election System (AES), Deped, in partnership with Rappler and COMELEC, shall conduct an Election Web-based Seminar (Webinar)/Briefing on 03 May 2016 at 2:00 p.m. to be held at the Rappler Office, 3/F North Wing, Estancia Offices, Capitol Commons, Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
- A Web-based seminar, a webinar is a presentation, lecture, workshop or seminar that is transmitted over the Web using video conferencing software. A key feature of a Webinar is its interactive elements: the ability to give, receive and discuss information in real-time.
- The webinar shall address related issues and concerns, specifically the Supreme Court decision on the issuance of voting receipts and the recent amendments to the General Instructions (GI). COMELEC and DepED officials will also be present to immediately address election-related queries and clarifications.
- Public school teachers, appointed as BEIs, principals, supervisors, superintendent and other employees of DepEd who will serve during the May 09, 2016 NLE are hereby encouraged to actively participate in the webinar.
- A DepED advisory shall be issued to formally announce the event and other pertinent instructions as to the website, shortlink, and access information to the election webinar.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
DR. DINA S. OCAMPO