It’s hard to let go of your well loved programs especially when you’re fond of using Windows XP, and saying goodbye is a lot harder considering the huge tasks of backing up all your files, and the dwindling product, life cycle support ending and as well migrating to a new operating system.
I’ll share to you a must have operating system, software programs needed for your computing device whether you’re a laptop, netbook, notebook and desktop person.
- Windows 7 – the latest operating system from Microsoft replacing the buggy Windows Vista.
- Office 2007 – productivity suite includes MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- ESET Smart Security 4 – packaged with antivirus, firewall, spyware, and antispam.
- Winzip/WinRar – file compressor and decompressor for sending huge files over the Internet and or other media transmission.
- Adobe Reader – reading ebooks and pdf formats and related extensions over the web.
- Adobe CS4 Photoshop – photography tools for retouching images.
- Registry Mechanic 9 – windows registry cleaner from PC tools, removes software settings residue left from uninstalled programs – what more, it can speed up booting and startup process of windows.
- USB Disk Security – usb disk protection from Zbshareware prevents virus from spreading via usb disks and other removable media, compatible with antivirus.
- VLC Media Player – cross platform open source multimedia player, plays all types movie, audio formats, no need for additional codecs.
- Acronis True Image Home 2010 – backup and software recovery solution – recover files, settings, applications in the event of disaster.