As time goes by there are bound to be tons of junk files and other unnecessary files that are lurking on your Mac’s hard drive. Although you may have ignored them up till now, sooner or later these files are going to take their toll and will limit the storage space that you have available and may even start to slow down your Mac.
Unfortunately cleaning up disk space manually on a Mac can be time consuming. After all, just imagine having to go over files and folders individually to try to locate any junk files and unnecessary files. Instead of even trying that, your best bet would be to automate the process using Movavi Mac Cleaner instead.
Essentially Movavi Mac Cleaner is an app that specializes in cleaning out junk and unnecessary files from your Mac. To get started you just need to launch it and it will immediately scan your hard drive and locate all the junk files then let you remove them with a single click.
To clean up even more disk space however, you should learn how to check disk space on Mac by following these steps:
- Launch Movavi Mac Cleaner and wait for the scan to finish.
- Open the ‘Disk Usage’ tab on the left.
- To scan your entire Mac click ‘Scan’ immediately, or alternatively click ‘Add Folders’ to add specific folders for it to scan.
- When the scan is complete, you’ll see a list of files and folders that are sorted by size so that you can review and see where space is being spent on your Mac.
- To delete any unnecessary files or folders, click the box next to them so that a checkmark appears then click ‘Remove’.
That will let you get rid of all the unnecessary files on your Mac that are taking up a considerable amount of space. To free up even more space, you can then use the ‘Uninstaller’ feature in Movavi Mac Cleaner to cleanly remove apps you no longer need and delete leftovers from other apps. Additionally Movavi Mac Cleaner has a ‘Shredder’ that will be useful if you need to securely delete confidential files, and also comes with a built-in antivirus and firewall that will protect your Mac from viruses and other threats.
As you begin to get rid of junk and unnecessary files from your Mac with Movavi Mac Cleaner, you’ll start to see just how much newfound free space you are able to acquire. More importantly you will also begin to observe an improvement in its performance, and may even be surprised at the difference it can make.