After the release of the much awaited and long overdue Google Pagerank Update for the month of April 2010 and the schedule delays that wasn’t followed through, we’ll share to you how increase your google pagerank and rank better in search engines.
To better understand the definition of Pagerank according to WikiPedia and Google:
PageRank relies on the uniquely democratic nature of the web by using its vast link structure as an indicator of an individual page’s value. In essence, Google interprets a link from page A to page B as a vote, by page A, for page B. But, Google looks at more than the sheer volume of votes, or links a page receives; it also analyzes the page that casts the vote. Votes cast by pages that are themselves “important” weigh more heavily and help to make other pages “important”.
Moreover, the more your site gets link to various and relevant websites the better.
1. Domain Name – choose your domain name carefully, it’s like making your own brand whether it’s personal or commercial, shorter domain names are easy for the masses to remember. On choosing name/s it should be like this – example: www.depedmares.com – this domain belongs to Manuel A. Roxas Elementary School instead making the name longer make it short – DepEd (Department of Education) and MARES (Manuel A. Roxas Elementary School) so we come up with “depedmares” keywords. Register your domain name/s of your choice and check it out with domain registrars like godaddy.com or name.com.
2. Hosting – now, you have your domains ready sign-up for a hosting service that provides decent and top notch service, you can’t afford your site to be down all the time – you get what you pay for.
3. Open Source Content Management Systems – Joomla, Drupal, WordpPress are offered free with auto install features with the hosting service. This site is an example powered with WordPress.
4. Keywords – Tweak, configure, setup the site’s meta descriptions and place/put keywords that best matches your site.
5. Analytics – Place google analytics to see your site’s traffic volume this is helpful in improving user’s browsing habits and keywords used.
6. Link Building – this is simply having your site’s url being placed in highly trafficked site’s. Similar to link exchanges or exchanging links with your good friends.
7. Directory Submissions – submit your site’s url to various search engines or for free using http://www.scrubtheweb.com/addurl.html if your budget permit you can pay and stay on top over 250+ search engines to better chances of being indexed.
8. Content – Nothing beats good content – Content is King! always write original and quality content.
9. Social Networking – promote your site’s presence thru twitter, facebook and rss.
10. Keep Writing – self explanatory.
Share your thoughts.