Christmas holidays is now over, and to spice up the opening year this 2019. Let’s have a run through of the kitchen gadgets must haves to speed up your kitchen works and of course, the time to showcase your knife chopping skills.
1. Knife Sharpener Rod – Hai Mei Di – Php 65.00. – performs light maintenance in keeping the blade sharp, whose functions is to realign and smooth it’s edges.
2. 10″ Chef Knife by Chef Gene Gonzales, Masflex KitchenPro – The ultimate chef’s knife for heavy tasks of cutting, chopping, slicing and mincing. Provides stability, weight and slicing length on all kitchen activities.
Handle Style: The flair handle utilizes a new handle technology with a horizontal tang without rivets that make it look very trendy and modern. This range is perfect for those that prefer a slightly lighter knife which is good for long periods of chopping. Php 499.00.
3. 8″ Chef Knife with Recessed Kullens by Gene Gonzales, Masflex KitchenPro in this all purpose blade create an airflow gap that minimizes the vacuum or blade sticking effect when cutting plain flat surfaces such as vegetable coins, sheets and julienne, raw fish and meats. Faster, durable and accurate, especially during continuous tasks of food preparations – Php 445.00.
4. 8″ Chef Knife by Chef Gene Gonzales, Masflex KitchenPro – Sleek, handy, built for speed in multipurpose tasks of cutting, slicing, chopping and mincing, versatile and easy to carry.
Handle Style: Utilizes and ergonomic triple riveted handle shell. It also has a heavier handle which ensures that the weight of the knife aids in the cutting process and does most of the work for you. This is perfect for short periods of cutting with “powerful results”. Php 445.00.
5. 3.5″ Pairing Knife – Handy and versatile for small cutting jobs. Essential tool for processing vegetables and fruits such as deseeding, small cuts, peeling. Great for probing and processing small pieces of protein such as chicken wings, small fresh fish small poultry and ribs. Excellent for food and pastry decoration such as garnishing and pastry shaping. – Php. 295.00.
6. KitchenPro Knife Guard: Protects your knives edges from accidental cutting accidents, keeps edges sharp.
4″ for Paring Knife – Php 150.00
8″ for Chef Knife – Php 150.00
10″ for Chef Knife – Php 160.00
Cleaning: Hand wash or sponge wash the knives in hot soapy water with care and towel dry immediately after use. But I prefer cold water to minimize oxidation and formation of rust(imho). Do not put in dishwasher.
Disclaimer: I purchased these kitchen knives at Gaisano Mall Davao, third level using the gift certificates given as gift by the City Government of Davao and paid the excess of Php 404.00. Total bill Php 2,404.00.