It has been months since countries started fighting the Covid-19 outbreak. In the face of the global public health emergency, governments around the world have turned to utilize surveillance technologies on how to track Covid-19 cases.
What data are the governments gathering in the name of public health?
Check the infographic below to learn more about what Israel, Iran, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the US are tracking.”
COVID-19 Top 7 Five Lists of Countries.
- Israel’s top secret service is utilizing real-time tracking technologies to track the location of its citizens without requiring court order.
- Iran has mandated that citizens download an app that collects data of millions of individuals. It’s never removed from the Play Store.
- South Korea text messages are regularly sent to the general population detailing the movements of people diagnosed with Covid-19.
- Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taiwan have also used combinations of location tracking and strict surveillance of quarantined cases to prevent clusters of cases.
- US is now implementing location tracking measures with Big Tech like Facebook and Google to monitor social distancing and quarantined cases.
ExpressVPN works seamlessly across all your devices—computer, smartphone, router, or tablet. Install our user-friendly apps on one or all of your devices, and connect to the VPN on up to five at the same time.
How does a VPN work?
A VPN (virtual private network) is the easiest and most effective way for people to protect their internet traffic and hide their identities online. As you connect to a secure VPN server, your internet traffic goes through an encrypted tunnel that nobody can see into, including hackers, governments, and your internet service provider.
No tech skills required
Sign up, install, and click On to connect. It’s that simple. We developed our apps to be straightforward for the least technologically savvy of us.
We have apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, routers, and Linux. ExpressVPN works with any internet connection, including wired, Wi-Fi, and cellular networks.
No activity or connection logs
Privacy is a fundamental right. We don’t keep connection or activity logs, and we never share your details with anyone.