Submission of entries is extended from August 08, 2012 to August 17, 2012, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
I. Who Can Join:
1. The contest is open to all Filipino bloggers. There is no age limit.
2. To show their pre-existence, the blog (web logs) maintained by participating bloggers must have at least three (3) entries posted prior to the contest entry.
3. TESDA employees and their relatives up to the third degree of consanguinity and affinity are not eligible to participate in the contest.
II. How to Join:
1. All contest entries must first be uploaded onto the contestant’s blog site and the link to this entry must be emailed to email@example.com, along with an accomplished application form which can be downloaded from the TESDA website (www.tesda.gov.ph). Entries will be accepted only from 8:00 a.m. on August 8, 2012 until 5:00 p.m. of August15, 2012.
2. TESDA will notify the contestant if the post is considered an official entry to the contest. Upon notification, the contestant is directed to indicate in his website that his post has been considered an official entry.
3. Thereafter, the Contest’s Pre-screening Committee shall post the blog entry link onto the TESDA Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/TESDAOfficial), inviting the general public to “Like” or “Share” the link.
4. The contestant may also invite his/her Facebook friends to visit the TESDA Facebook page and either “Like” or “Share” their respective blog entry link to get the maximum number of “Likes” or “Shares” from the public.
5. The number of “Likes” or “Shares” a particular post earns shall be part of the criteria for judging. However, only the number of “Likes” or “Shares” a particular post earns on the TESDA Facebook page shall be considered for judging. “Likes” or “Shares” registered on the contestant’s personal pages shall not be considered.
6. All submitted entriesshall be considered final in the state they were in on the date of submission. Any alterations to the blog post after the submission date may result in the disqualification of the entry.
7. Only one post per blogger is allowed. TESDA reserves the right to reject entries that are incomplete, or that contain any inappropriate information (e.g. spam, controversial or offensive material).
III. Content of the Blog Entry:
1. The blog post should contain a minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 500 words promoting TESDA’s slogan “Sa Tesda, May Choice Ka”. It may be written either in English or Filipino or a combination of both.
2. The blog post may include pictures or other multimedia content. However, the blog post should not contain any links to other web sites.
3. The blog post, including accompanying images and other content, must not in any way violate intellectual property rights. By submitting a blog post as a contest entry, the participant certifies that it is his or her original work and that the same does not currently exist in any other publication, blog or website. Materials lifted from any of TESDA’s official websites or publications should contain the proper attribution.
4. By participating in the contest, the blogger automatically grants TESDA the right to use, copy, adapt, transmit, distribute, publish and display the content of the submitted post whether in whole or in part, and this will be applicable worldwide, and in perpetuity.
IV. Criteria for Judging:
1. Evaluation of entries shall be done based on the following set of criteria:
a) Viewer’s/Reader’s Choice – 30%
b) Content & Relevance – 30%
c) Organization – 20%
d) Craftsmanship & Style – 20%
2. Based on the given criteria, the panel of judges will determine the best blog post from among the entries. One major prize winner will be selected for this contest. Special awards will be given as follows:
a) Viewer’s Choice Award
b) Most Informative Blog Award
c) Most Creative Blog Award
The decision of the judges is final.
1. Only winners shall be notified after the entries have been reviewed. Winners are required to provide two (2) proofs of identity with picture and address to claim their prizes. The prizes are as follows:
a) Major Prize – Php 5,000
b) Viewer’s Choice Award – Php 3,000
c) Most Informative Blog Award – Php 3,000
d) Most Creative Blog Award – Php 3,000
2. The winners will be awarded during the TESDA 18th Anniversary Celebration on August 24, 2012. The blog entries will be posted at TESDA’s Official Website and other relevant sites.
For more information visit TESDA Blog Contest and Facebook Page.