Davao Safe QR Code app is updated and improved finally!
For Individuals: go to this link
For Business Establishments: go to this link
If you have any problems with the contract tracing system.
Keep safe Davao!
About Safe Davao
SAFE DAVAO QR Data Privacy Statement
The City Government of Davao (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Safe Davao QR site (hereinafter referred to as “Service”). We are committed to protecting your privacy as a Davao City resident, and even as a non-resident of this City.
Our Data Privacy Statement governs your visit to this site and explains how we collect, safeguard and disclose information that results from your use of our Service.
The confidentiality of your information remains our top priority. We shall exert all reasonable efforts to protect it against unauthorized use or disclosure.
How we collect information
The City Government of Davao collects and processes your personal information only upon your express consent, which refers to any freely given, specific, informed indication of will, whereby you agree to the collection and processing of your personal information. We process your personal information in accordance with law and this Data Privacy Statement.
When you provide us with personal information by which you can be reasonably identified, you can be assured that your personal information will be used only in accordance with this Data Privacy Statement.
Types of personal information that we may collect:
In accessing our site, you are to voluntarily provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- a. Your name and other particulars such as: your gender, contact details, address, birthdate and email address
- b. Details and copy of your government or other IDs
- a. Name of the establishment, its address and contact details;
- b. Name of the owner/s of the establishment or its contact person, complete address and contact details;
- c. Business permit number
- d. Type of establishment
How your personal data may be used, stored and shared
Your personal data may be used, stored, processed, shared and disclosed only by the City Government of Davao, through the Davao City Health Office. The City Government of Davao shall ensure that the personal information collected are used only for the purpose of contact-tracing measures or to identify the person who was in close contact with someone who is infected with the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), as they are considered to be at higher risk of becoming infected themselves, and of potentially further infecting others, and for the management of asymptomatic and symptomatic persons in the City.
Emails will not be used to collect personal data
The City Government of Davao will not use or communicate with you through emails to obtain confidential information from you such, as your account numbers, passwords, and bank account information.
An authorized representative of the City Government will get in touch with you should we require confidential or other types of information. We will never ask you to confirm any such information by clicking on a link in an email.
- a. Do not attempt to click on a suggested link to the City Government of Davao website – you may access this directly by typing the URL (www.davaocity.gov.ph/) in your browser;
- b. Do not provide confidential information via emails
- c. Do not provide confidential information to access the link to the City Government website
Retention of Data
We have put in place appropriate physical, organizational, and technical controls to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal data.
All personal data collected for the purpose of contact tracing measures and management of probable, suspected and confirmed COVID-19 patients shall be stored only for as long as necessary or until the purpose for their processing no longer exists.
After this duration, the City Government of Davao shall dispose your personal information in a secure manner in order to prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to any other party.
Transfer of Data
The City Government of Davao will take all the steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Data Privacy Statement and no transfer of your personal data will take place to an organization or a country outside the Philippines.
If you are a resident outside the Philippines and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including personal data, to the Philippines and process it here. Your consent to this Data Privacy Statement followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
Your rights under applicable laws
Under the Data Privacy Act of 2012, you have the following rights:
- (1) Right to be informed – you may demand the details as to how your personal information is being processed or have been processed by us;
- (2) Right to access – upon written request, you may demand reasonable access to your personal information, which may include the contents of your processed personal information, the manner of processing, sources where they were obtained, recipients and reason of disclosure;
- (3) Right to dispute – you may dispute inaccuracy or error in your personal information in our systems through our Data Protection Officer;
- (4) Right to object – you may suspend, withdraw, and remove your personal information in certain further processing, upon demand;
- (5) Right to data erasure – based on reasonable grounds, you have the right to suspend, withdraw or order blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data from our filing system, without prejudice to our continuous processing for health, legal, and regulatory purposes;
- (6) Right to secure data portability – you have the right to obtain from us your personal information in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows for further use;
- (7) Right to be indemnified for damages – as data subject, you have every right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such violation of your right to privacy through inaccurate, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of your information; and,
- (8) Right to file a complaint – you may file your complaint or any concerns with our office at the City Hall of Davao, City Hall Drive, Poblacion District, Davao City and/or the National Privacy Commission through www.privacy.gov.ph.
Changes to our Data Privacy Statement
We may modify this Data Privacy Statement from time to time to align with relevant laws and regulations and the City Government of Davao’s policies and procedures as applicable. All updates will be posted in our website.
You are advised to review this Data Privacy Statement periodically for any changes. Changes to this Davao Privacy Statement are effective when they are posted in this page.
If you have any inquiries, clarifications, or requests in relation to this Data Privacy Statement, please contact us through [email protected] or look for the Data Protection Officer, City Hall of Davao, City Hall Dr, Poblacion District, Davao City.