As you may know, the AdSense team has built a new account interface that gives you more control over the ads you display and more insight into how they perform. We’ve been working hard to ensure the new interface offers everything you’ve come to expect from the previous interface, plus additional functionality. Beginning in mid-November 2011, we’ll be transitioning all publishers to this new interface.
We’ll make sure to communicate with you by email and via the Inside AdSense blog so you’ll have the details you need.
We encourage you to start using the new interface now. It contains most of the functionality available in the previous interface, along with many improvements. We’re continuing to build out features into the new interface and appreciate your patience while more functionality is completed.
View a guide to finding features in the old and new interface.
About the new interface
- Comprehensive performance reports: View your daily stats in graph format, and gain insight into your performance with new metrics detailing the amount you’re earning from different ad types, ad sizes, targeting types, and more. Learn more
- Quicker account maintenance: We’ve streamlined the process for a number of common tasks to help you get things done more quickly. Whether you’re updating your contact information or editing a number of ad units at the same time, you’ll find that these types of tasks require fewer clicks and less account navigation than before.
- Prominent help links: There’s now help content available on every page, so you’ll be able to quickly find answers to your questions while navigating through your account.
- Easier access to online resources: Visit the redesigned Resources page, where you can find the latest content from the Inside AdSense blog, our YouTube channel, and our Twitter account, all within your own account.
- Renamed features: We’ve updated the names of several features in your account, in an effort to more clearly explain their purpose. While we hope the new names are more intuitive, if you’re unclear what they do, refer to the help links on the page or in the sidebar.
What hasn’t changed
With all the enhancements to AdSense, you may be wondering if everything is different about the program. Some things we’ve left alone:
- Payments: The payment methods and schedule have not changed.
- Ad code: You do not need to update the code on your pages, and the process for adding the code to your site remains the same.
- Ad targeting: Ads will continue to be matched to your pages as they have in the past.