Due to the rising Covid-19 cases that Davao City is experiencing and to couple it with the Government Hospitals within the region maxing out its bed capacity handling these Covid-19 cases, the City Government has launched a Davao QR Code web app to solve these issues – Call it the Safe Davao QR Contact Tracing System for Individuals and Establishments
All residents of Davao City are enjoined of signing up. This is a mandatory requirement for all!
Proceed with caution.
Davao QR Code – Register as Person
As you visit the site, there are two options to choose from.
You may register as an Individual or as Establishment. I recommend using the Chrome browser.
Prepare and have your identification documents ready on hand to minimize unnecessary distractions when you’re about to fill in the forms.
Davao QR Code – Register as Establishment
Before starting the Davao QR Code web app service. Each resident or business entity(ies) should have the following on hand to expedite the process.
- Make sure your cellphone, smartphone, the mobile device is just within reach to receive a one-time password (OTP) via SMS text message.
- Make sure you have saved images on your mobile phone or personal computer of the following:
- Latest photo of your face (For your DQR ID)
- Photo of your valid ID (Company ID, Government ID, Passport ID, etc.)
- Your photo ID holding your ID beside your face.
To prevent the prevalence of identity theft.
The City Government urged the public not to post or share your DQR on social media. Keep things private.
The Safe Davao QR is the platform created to help expedite contact tracing and enforce the prohibition on non-essential travel. All residents and non-residents of Davao City shall need their unique and permanent DQR to travel around Davao City. Anybody from neighboring regions entering Davao City will need a QR Code.
A friendly reminder for those who participated in the pilot testing last October 25, you will need to get a new Davao DQR Code.
Keep Safe Davao Residents, and spread the news!
About Davao City
Davao City is composed of three (3) congressional districts subdivided into 11 administrative districts with 182 barangays.
It is governed by the City Mayor who serves as the head of the Executive branch.
Under this branch, there are 18 departments categorized into 5 clusters – Social Services, Fiscal Management, Economic Development, Infrastructure, and Development Management.
On the other hand, the legislative branch, headed by the City Vice Mayor, is composed of 8 councilors per congressional district, a representative from the association of barangay affairs, SK Federation, and from the Indigenous Peoples Mandatory Representative.
The “Davao Life is Here” logo symbolizes the five icons of Davao; the regal Philippine eagle; the majestic Mt. Apo; the 11 Etho-linguistic tribes; the King of fruits durian; and the beautiful Queen of Philippine flowers, waling-waling.
All are signifying the bounty and richness of the city’s flora and fauna. The logo also symbolizes what the Dabawenyos aspire and live for – unity amidst diversity.
Davao City is a globally livable city and a center of excellence in governance, investment, tourism, climate change adaptation, disaster resiliency, and sustainable growth driven by empowered citizenry.
- Ensure effective and efficient delivery of services through responsive leadership and competent human resources.
- Sustain the gains by ensuring that the people of Davao are empowered, protected, and secure, and gender and culturally sensitive to attain the best quality of life.
- Continue to engage the participative citizenry in resource-based, market-driven economic activities within the context of balanced ecology, and equity-led development.
- Develop a progressive and future-proof network of infrastructure, utilities, and support services.
- Maintain a disaster-resilient, climate change-adaptive, and ecologically balanced environment through ridge-to-reef approach, proper solid waste management, preservation of the natural environment, promotion of renewable energy, and adoption of low carbon and eco-friendly technologies.
Source: City Government of Davao
About QR Code
The QR codes have so many advantages for everyday use. This has made them the ultimate weapon in the battle against the virus.
The authorities took advantage of the benefits and introduced QR codes and applications to the public.
The QR code will replace the need for manually entering personal data into a form.
Back in August, the launching of this state of the art app was announced. This contact tracking app was meant to make the managing of the pandemic much easier.
Each user will scan QR codes when entering different venues. Each user will get notified if they have been close to a confirmed coronavirus case.
The app is expected to widen its possibilities and deliver test results to its users. This would enable aces to information in real-time.
The app will also let you know about how many times you were close to people less than the needed distance. It will help you identify and avoid this type of behavior.
Why do we need QR Code
The QR codes, together with the NHS COVID-19 app, are a convenient tool for tracking down contacts. Everyone can download the app in the Google Play or Apple App Store for free.
The primary purpose of scanning QR codes is to keep track of the customers and staff, present at the venue at a given time.
The app stores info about the time of visit and proximity to other users. If a person gets tested positive, the app will notify everyone present at the venue at that given time.
Instead of having to fill forms before entering, customers can simply scan the QR code. This procedure will save lots of time and make the process more straightforward.
Source: What is a QR Code