Web publishers, website owners, blog owners, and the like who are dependent on Google Adsense for monetizing their site/s will have a drop in earnings once these changes come into effect soon.
As a site owner.
I’ve been using Google Adsense quite awhile, and it came to my attention a few months back thru my email, which reads:
We previously sent you an email regarding changes to link ads. Some of these changes will come into effect soon.
What does this mean?
From March 10th 2021:
- Link ads will stop serving on your site(s).
- We will collapse each ad unit where possible. In other cases we will show a blank ad.
As link ads will stop working on your site, your earnings may be at risk. After March 10th 2021, you will earn nothing from any link ads on your site.
What to do next?
We recommend removing the fixed-size link ad units from your site and try out the following ad formats instead:
- You can let Auto ads scan your site and automatically place ads where they’re likely to perform well. Learn more about how to get started with Auto ads.
- Display ads work well anywhere on your site. Learn more about how to create a display ad unit.
- For a customized ad experience, you could try native ads. Learn more about how to create a native ad unit.
- If your site is eligible for Matched content, you can replace your link ad units with a customizable Matched content ad unit. Learn more about customizing Matched content.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to develop and improve our products.
The Google AdSense Team