So, you registered a new domain name and got yourself a reliable hosting package that’s worth every penny!
Now, you setup your own blogging platform using the latest WordPress stable release and it went through without a cinch (I don’t mind calling for technical support to do those stuff for me), you’re configuring all those nitty-gritty technical stuff like permalinks, adding links and categories, tweaking your themes to match your taste, setting up and adding users to contribute to your site, putting a Facebook fan page, adding twitter so you’ll be never get bitter, plurk if you want to do things better.
Here’s the top WordPress Plugins you should have on your list in any order:
- Akismet – goodbye spam, you’ll get the real ham, we all hate spam, especially you get those annoying and persistent pharmacy spam sites.
- WordPress Stats – tells you how many users have visited your site in a day and comes with handy summary where the traffic came from.
- After the Deadline – I find this very handy in proof-reading never before seen spellings (I need to update my dictionary over time)
- All in One SEO – want to rank higher in the search engine results this one is for you (please don’t overstuff keywords, or else you might get banned) putting the right keywords is essential too.
- FeedBurner FeedSmith – detects all ways possible to access WordPress feeds and redirects to your feedburner feeds so it can track user subscriptions .
- Ajax Edit Comments – lets you edit your comments just in case you posted something contraversial and nerve wracking.
- Sexy Book Marks – it’s self explanatory because it’s sexy! clean and sleek, you’ve got to love the drop down feature when you mouse over it.
- WP-DBManager – you’ll never know when your hosting service will be down, some hosting services have their own shares of outages (when I mean outages – your sites get offlline all of a sudden, you thought the service is supposed to be operating 24/7?) handy in providing backups of your wordpress files and database just in case your hoster does not backup often)
- WP Link Directory – put all your friends, colleagues, love ones and organize them in a directory of your choice plus you’ll earn traffic.
- SEO Friendly Images – you want your pictures and images to be searcheable online this one is for your (just don’t post some nude images – you don’t want a harrasment case filed against you)
- WP-PostRatings – add any star ratings or a thumbs up if you like reading the content.
- LinkWithin – displays thumbnail images, links, posts that it may find related stories to other posts, increases click throughs and as well traffic.
- Popular Posts – displays an unordered list of posts related to the current ones.
- Related Posts – generate a related post via WordPress tags and add related posts to feed.
- XML-Sitemap Generator – it generates a special xml sitemap which will help search engines like google, bing and yahoo to better index your blog.
- WP Security Scan – scans for WordPress installation for security vulnerabilities and suggests corrected actions.
- Contact Form 7 – simple and yet customizable contact form plugin.
- WP Greet Box – shows different greeting to your visitors it suggests visitors to subscribe and refers to other sites.
- LinkWorth Ads Syndication – publish different types of text link products and content ads from LinkWorth. Users of this service must have a partner account.
- WP Super Cache – fast caching plugin for WordPress use this when your site experiences the slash-dot effect or you get many mentions at mashable, technorati or you’re being digged.
- WP-PageNavi – adds advanced paging navigation on your blogs something like Pages (10)  2 3 >> Last
- Daily Top 10 Posts – Tracks the number of pageviews per blog post for the current day and cumulatively with options to display sidebar widgets for both. Features dashboard widgets too.
- FD Footnotes – provides an extremely easy way to add elegant looking footnotes. Footnotes are linked unobtrusively and the note itself links back to the original text where the footnote is referenced.
- Co-Authors Plus – allows multiple authors to be assigned to a post. Co-authored posts appear on a co-author’s posts page and feed. New template tags allow listing of co-authors. Editors may assign co-authors to a post via the ‘Post Author’ box.
- Maintenance Mode – Adds a splash page to your blog that lets visitors know your blog is down for maintenance. Logged in administrators get full access to the blog including the front-end.
- WordPress Admin Bar – Creates an admin bar inspired by the one at WordPress.com.
- AntiVirus – is a smart, effectively solution to protect your blog against exploits and spam injections scans your templates for some security holes, I know you’re afraid of backdoors and trojans.
- WP-reCAPTCHA – integrates reCAPTCHA anti-spam solutions with wordpress (Akismet might need some backup) Allows legitimate users to key in pass key or symbols making sure that it isn’t automated spam bots.
- JR_Compression – it operates similar to WP-Super Cache, compress your webpages to save bandwidth and make your blog load faster!
- Let It Snow – Snow on your WordPress Blog based on the DHTML Snowstorm (Use this only holidays ie: Christmas)
Do you have any WordPress Plugins worth sharing? post your comments..